START 2 months before tupping
- BC 3.5-4
- Testes size and sperm production are highly responsive to nutrition.
- High quality protein to improve testicle tone and boost semen production.
- Approximately 60 days prior to joining rams will be producing the semen used during joining and they must therefore be in optimal condition at this time.
- Mineral status can improve sperm quality: Zinc, selenium.
- Lameness affects ability to serve (zinc).
- Rams have a high requirement for zinc, cobalt and selenium.
- About 30 per cent of the pastures in New Zealand will not provide enough selenium.
- Poor motility and increase in morphology defects in ram sperm.
Research has shown that following treatment of rams with supplementary selenium, larger numbers of ewes conceive and hold to term. Selenium is a critical component of the tail of the spermatozoa- low levels of selenium can result in coiled or broken tails so the motility of the sperm is impaired.
- The presence of zinc at the cellular level of the ram is essential. For example, cell growth and division in the testes is continuous, so a deficiency in zinc could seriously affect the spermatogenesis process.
- Inadequate zinc supplementation can also indirectly affect reproduction as it, along with other trace minerals, can affect the incidence of foot rot in the breeding flock.
TOPMIX BLOKS RAMS: “Improve sperm quality, reduce lameness”
High quality protein for 6–8 weeks improves testicle tone and boosts semen production. Approximately 60 days prior to joining rams will be producing the semen used during joining. Covers the high zinc, cobalt and selenium requirement of rams.
- About 13% of pastures in New Zealand will not provide an adequate cobalt intake, especially in areas of volcanic and sandy soils.
- Essential for vitamin B12 production in the rumen.
- B12 is essential for energy metabolism.
- Integrity of immune system.NUTRIMIX CUSTOMIZE MOLASSES BLOCKS ACCORDING WITH FARM REQUIREMENTS, WE ALSO HAVE SPECIAL MOLASSES BLOCKS FOR LAMB, EWES FERTILITY, PRE LAMBING AND POST LAMBING.